Title: City/District Lead
Ministry: Connecting Streams
Location: Langley, BC
Reports to: National Director
Power to Change (P2C) seeks to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. We envision millions of volunteers engaged in faith adventures that transform lives through the power of the gospel. You can be a part of this movement of change by applying your skills in P2C Ministries.
Connecting Streams’ vision is to see society’s marginalized and the Church transformed together by Jesus through equipping and mobilizing the Church to help society’s marginalized know Jesus and experience his power to change the world.
The City Team Leader will assist in recruiting, developing, and leading a Connecting Streams ministry team in their city or area. They will ensure the development of ministry streams and help to engage and empower people to reach their city. They represent Connecting Streams and build partnerships with organizations and church leaders.
Recruit and Lead City or Area Team
- Recruitment of key leadership team
- Ensure the development of ministry streams
- Give overall leadership to the team: sharing vision, mentor and develop team, ensure recruitment and orientation of volunteers, lead a team to creatively extend the invitation to adventure to believers and host catalytic/training events and ministry development in their area
Represent Connecting Streams
- Initiate and cultivate connections and partnerships with leaders of churches and organizations to mobilize people for evangelism/discipleship
- Speak, teach, and conduct workshops on mobilizing people for evangelism/discipleship/training
- Articulate ministry vision and dream to other leaders
- Represent and promote the ministry at local events
Contribute to a growing Team of Leaders across Canada
- City Leaders will be a member of the National Leadership Team for Connecting Streams and have the opportunity to learn and develop together, share resources, use their gifts to encourage and equip each other and share expertise
Education and Experience
- 5 years of experience in ministry would be considered an asset, particularly in ministering in correctional institutions, senior’s communities, or inner city residences.
- Experience in recruiting and leading volunteer
Required Skills & Abilities
- A passion for empowering people to reach their world, and a passion for connecting the Church with society’s marginalized
- Excellent people and leadership skills, and able to relate, encourage, and mobilize others
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, and able to articulate ministry vision
- A self-motivated team builder who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Willing and able to travel
- Able to articulate ministry passion and attract others to the ministry
- Ability to teach considered an asset
- Strong administrative skills considered an asset
This position requires Ministry Partner Development where the successful candidate will be required to build a team which provides financial and prayer support for salary and ministry expenses including benefits coverage.
A growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Please visit the job board at p2c.com/serve/careers to fill out an application or to see other current openings. We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.